Updated: Apr 29, 2019
Do you have days where you have so many great ideas you don't know where to start?
Or get pulled in so many different directions with work you don't feel you've accomplished much at all? We all need some structure to help our creativity flow, and flow throughout our days in the best way possible.
How do you make sure these ideas create the results you want in your life? To ACT on them? You decide to make it a priority to get organized. You vision AND plan.
You keep your commitments to yourself and do what you say you are doing to do.
Simple? Yes. Easy? Not always. Doable? You bet.
Here's what I recommend in 5 simple steps. Make yourself a cup of coffee or tea in the morning, and sit down for 10 minutes to mindfully set yourself up for a great day:
1) Gratitude: What are you grateful for? Train your mind to look for the good each and every day. Check out my recent Facebook Live where I share a story of two travellers and the power of awareness. (And join me upcoming Thursdays as I read and discuss more gems from books I'm reading with this new Facebook Live focus).
2) Goal Achieving Get-To Do's: What do you 'get to do' today that will move you in the direction of your dreams? Write them down, prioritize them and start with #1. Don't move to the next item on your list until that one's done and dusted!
3) Affirmation: What affirmation are you working with? Or, what affirmation do you need TODAY? Write it out and repeat it to yourself throughout the day. Make it into a jingle if you are like me and get songs stuck in your head!
4) Ideas: This is an all-day piece. Keep this sheet with you, or use your phone or notebook and add these later. Keep track of IDEAS you have throughout the day related to your dreams, your goals. Got any right now? You never know which one might lead to something amazing!
5) Study Time: When will you do your studying today? Read something, listen to something or watch something that will feed your soul and inspire you. Pick a time that's best for you - morning, lunchtime, evening - and give yourself a big check mark or a sticker when you do it!
Create the habit of setting your intentions for the day. Create a daily planner like the one here, or email me if you want a PDF of my It's Going To Be a Great Day! planner to print out and use. Try it, you'll like it!!
And get an accountability buddy! Join a mastermind group. Join a group, like the Boot Camp for Your Mind I run every season. Get support and give support and watch those ideas keep growing and coming to life as planning becomes a part of your everyday experience.
It's going to be a great day!
Lisa Hardess is an accomplished coach and consultant who has worked with adults, children, teams and communities to support the transformation of their professional and personal lives using a combination of critical mind shifts and strategic action planning. Lisa has worked in consulting, education and not-for-profits with people in groups, workshops, and one-on-one for over 15 years. She has a Bachelor of Science, Bachelor of Education, a Master of Science in Planning and Development. Lisa is a certified Thinking Into Results consultant with the (Bob) Proctor Gallagher Institute.
She can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org